Monday, August 30, 2010

Nasi Lemak Authentic Singaporean Restaurant

Nasi Lemak is a Singaporean Restaurant in Robinsons Galleria. The reviews are really good so we decided to try it out one day. After eating there twice, I don't agree with all those reviews especially since I have been to Singapore at least 5 times already.



Roti Pratha
The curry sauce was a bit watery but the bread was moist and the texture was crispy on the outside and soft inside. This was average.


Singaporean Laksa
The reviews of this make you hungry as you read about it so I  expected it to be really good. I prefer the laksa of Orchard Road in Megamall since it has more soup and chili. This has alot of meat however it's dry and watery.



Hainanese Chicken
This is ideal if you have never tried authentic Hainanese Chicken....you can imagine how it tastes like for those who have tried it. A bit on the dry side and the sauce does not do justice at all.

The sauce of hainanese chicken matters so much to make it perfect. For me, Stevies still has the best here in MANILA.

The rice of the hainanese....hmmm, does not look quite like the original one. The broth of the chicken needs to be used for the rice. I wasn't satisfied as well.

I have also tried Nasi Lemak Rice set and the Char Kway Teow. My favorite so far is the char kway teow since its spicy and salty. Far from the original, but good enough for me:) hehe

Cheers to finding a better alternative here in Manila!:)

Nasi Lemak Authentic Singaporean Restaurant, Robinsons Galleria

2/Lvl. East Lane, Robinsons Galleria, EDSA cor. Ortigas Ave.
Quezon City, Metro Manila
Philippines
(02) 571-8988

No comments:

Post a Comment