Friday, June 4, 2010

Mom and Tina's Bakery


Good friends have shared in the past: "you have to try Mom and Tina's" several times. I did last week with R and P and it was the biggest mistake so far. Why? Service is HORRIBLE - at least for the Makati Branch. My goodness, the staff need training in just about EVERYTHING. You have to shout out:"Waiter!" just for someone to notice you. I have never experienced shouting and waving my arm several times in any place, not even Hawker Centers around asia. I had to do it just about 7 times or more and having a lot of diners is no excuse. 
How about the food? I would rather eat left overs at home.
The desserts are the only ones I am willing to come back for.
Here in Mom and Tina's, take out is a must.:)


This is the only highlight: Queso de Bola Spread
You can really taste the queso de bola, thought lots of butter removes the saltiness of the spread. P liked this as well.


Hot dog Bun? Really?
The spread may have been good, but the bread tasted like it was left to dry under the sun for a week. Seriously. So sad.



If you check their menu, the food ranges from around PHP 150 to PHP 400 per meal and the desserts, PHP 35 and above. Sorry I was unable to take shots of the dry rice, so-so shepherd's pie, callos, oreo cake (i mean SUGAR CAKE), mango pie and beef stew. I was so scandalized with the service and at the same time, busy catching up with my friends.
The desserts here are yummy, though it might take a while, years, centuries even for me to return. Bad, indifferent, slow and poor service is just unacceptable. Plus, there are lots of better desserts around Makati. I pray you have a more pleasant dining experience here.
Cheers!:)


Mom & Tina's Bakery CafeMakati

G/F Unit 14 Tropical Palm Plaza, Perea cor. Dela Rosa St., Legaspi Village
Makati City, Metro Manila
Philippines
(02) 840-4299

No comments:

Post a Comment